The role of the Admission Committee is to choose candidates with qualities indicative of success in the rigorous academic program of the school. Our holistic admissions process allows our team to select applicants that are a good fit for Donna Klein Jewish Academy, and will be successful in our uncompromising learning environment. Evaluation is based upon assessment scores, past and current academic records, recommendations from the applicant’s teachers and school administrators, and an applicant's interview. Our application process is outlined below.
- Complete an application for each child. Applications for the 2023-2024 school year will be available Novermber 1, 2022. There is a $200 non-refundable application fee. If you are applying to 2022-2023 please email email@example.com.
- Submit all required documentation. You will receive an email from the Admissions office listing all required documents and how to access them via your Eagles Net account. All recommendation forms are submitted digitally through Eagles Net and will be sent to DKJA directly from your child(ren)’s school. Recommendation forms will be available in your electronic checklist in Eagles Net once the application has been processed.
- Please send your child's current school the K-8 Record Release form or 9-12 Record Release form for each child applying.
- Use your Eagles Net account to keep track of documents that DKJA has received and what is still outstanding.
- Students entering grades K-5 will be given a math and reading assessment. Students entering grades 6 and above must take the Secondary School Admissions Test (SSAT) and submit the scores to DKJA (score reporting code 2855).
- Admissions interviews/assessments are required for all grade levels. The Admissions Office will contact you to schedule individual appointments after an application has been submitted and all required documentation has been received.
- Applicants for Kindergarten are required to attend a Kindergarten Activity Day.
- Once the above steps are completed, the child's admissions file will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee to make an admissions decision.