The Visual Arts program at Donna Klein Jewish Academy provides an environment that encourages exploration, creativity and research which includes art history, studio art, graphic design and ceramics.
Students are provided with a wide range of creative experiences in and beyond the classroom.
- Provide a solid foundation in the skilled use of materials, tools and techniques associated with a range of artistic and classroom practices
- Promote interest in and knowledge of key issues and processes relating to contemporary and historical art
- Develop comprehension of visual language as a means of communication
- Foster an understanding of the larger role that the arts play in society
- Enable students to explore issues of diversity in the art world and its cultural influences
- Promote the arts as a central part of education and an integral part of Jewish education
- Empower our students to develop the ability and confidence to exhibit their work and express themselves freely as artists